Action for ASD provide a tailored play environment designed to meet the needs of children up to 19 years of age with an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC). These groups are open to families who have either received a formal diagnosis of an ASC or whose child may be displaying ASC traits. One of our aims is to make play experiences more accessible to all children with an ASC.
Action for ASD offer a valuable experience for children with an ASC – the opportunity to play and socialise with other children and their families in an autism friendly environment. Along with parents, we encourage and cater for the participation of siblings, grandparents and other family members who help provide much needed support and care for the children.
The Autism Resource Centre (ARC) provides a base to bring parents and families together in an environment of mutual understanding. It has a community focus that supports and connects families, provides a place where parents can relax, share their experiences and discover the availability of other services for children with an ASC.
Action for ASD provide various types of support including:
- Access to specialist support and advice, including emotional and practical support for individuals and families.
- Guidance and specialist advice relating to educational provision and Special Needs.
- IMPACT Project – A social and leisure project for young people with Asperger Syndrome aged 8 – 19 years. The project also offers advice and support to young people, families and professionals.
- Family Play Sessions for members to relax and meet other families in a safe ASD environment.
- A comprehensive range of conferences and training seminars, offering parents, individuals and professionals an opportunity to learn from national and international speakers..
- Various family support sessions such as coffee mornings,training and speakers meetings.
- Short Break Respite Sessions for Children with Autism