What does Action for ASD do?
The Autism Resource Centre is the only specialist provision in the area offering support, leisure and recreational opportunities for children and young people with an ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) and their parents and carers. From our base we offer on-site specialist services and support to families and individuals.
Action for ASD has been successful in developing a number of different services and projects and can offer a comprehensive support framework
from pre diagnosis and beyond. The group has a strong membership from individuals with a diagnosis of ASC’s , their families, carers and members of the professional network.
What services does Action for ASD currently provide?
With the right support people with Autism can live meaningful and productive lives. Action for ASD strive to provide such support.
- IMPACT Group– A social and leisure project for children and young people who have ASC’s including Asperger Syndrome or HFA (High Functioning Autism) aged 4 – 18 years. The project also offers advice and support to young people, families and professionals. The group aims to provide an opportunity to socialise and meet others with ASC’s whist developing communication, social and life skills.
- Family Play Sessions – An opportunity for family members to relax and meet other families in a safe ASD environment. Children can enjoy a wide range of age appropriate social and recreational activities. The session provides an opportunity for the whole family to relax and enjoy time with other ‘understanding’ families.
- Summer and Holiday Activity Programme for children of all ages with a diagnosis of ASC’s. Activity sessions are held every weekday during school holidays.
- Family Social Events including Christmas parties for children, family trips to the Pantomime, family days/nights out.
- Monthly Parent Support Group with guest speakers. Light refreshments provided.
- Access to specialist support and advice, including emotional and practical support for individuals and families.
- Guidance and specialist advice on Autism and related fields.
- A comprehensive range of conferences and training seminars, offering parents, individuals and professionals an opportunity to learn from national and international speakers.
- Quarterly Newsletter containing local and national information relating to ASD.
- Resource Library including up to date and relevant books, DVD’s and publications.
- Social gatherings and outings.
- Public Awareness Raising
- Research Project into the needs of Adults with Asperger Syndrome in East Lancashire.
- Adult Support Group – A fortnightly support group for adults with a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or High Functioning Autism.
- Adult Project – A new project due to start early May 2012. The project will offer advice and support to adults, families and professionals.
If you would like to become a member of Action for ASD and access our services and please download a registration pack from the downloads page. If you have any questions please contact us via email or phone.